Chad Ochocinco has an estimated net worth of nearly $16 million. Chad earned his living by being a former American football wide receiver representing the National Football League (NFL). He got the limelight after being called one of the best players in the history of the Cincinnati Bengals team. He has been on the team for over 10 seasons in NFL.
While in 2011, he was ranked as one of the most influential athletes. Based on sources, as of 2021, his yearly income is $2 million. The main source of his income comes from his salary from the different teams, producer of mobile applications, collaborations, a guest at talk shows, and brand promotions.
Chad Ochocinco’s net worth is about $16 million as of December 2021 which surged from $10 million in 2017.
Chad Ochocinco Biography
Chad Javon Johnson aka Chad Ochocinco was born on January 9, 1978, in Florida, USA. He altered his name from Chad Johnson to Chad Ochocinco in honor of his jersey number 85 since in Spanish Ocho Cinco means 8 and 5. To finish his education, he went to Miami Beach Senior High School.
While obtaining his degree, he attended Langston University, then Santa Monica University, and was later transferred to Oregon University. Chad started playing football at the university due to his coach Dennis Erickson who trained him. During his time at the university, he broke the record for the longest touchdown with a 97-yard.
He got married to Evelyn Lozada in 2012. However, they separated after two months. Today, Chad is in a relationship with Sharelle Rosado, a military veteran and they welcomed their first child in 2021.
Recently, Chad confirmed that he will be the ruler of the jungle in their 9th week for the Bengals Team.
Chad Ochocinco launched his career in 2001 after he was selected by Cincinnati Bengals for the second round of the NFL draft. In 2003, he managed to set records by playing for 1.355 yards. He managed to bring a historic win for his team against the Cleveland Browns.
- Between 2005 and 2007, he played for AFC and got various yards.
- In 2007, he wanted to extend his contract with the team until 2011. But, because of serious injuries, he could not play and as a result, the team suffered losses.
- In 2008, Chad Ochocinco appeared as a guest on the ‘Mike Show.’
- In 2011, he was signed by New England Patriots and then got signed by Miami Dolphins in 2012.
- In 2012, he was also charged with repeated cases of domestic violence.
- In 2014, he was signed by ‘Montreal Alouettes’ under a 2-year contract.
- In 2017, he played and won a game for “Monterrey Fundidores”.
In between all that, he even launched a charity project known as “Feed the Children” to help poverty-stricken children rise above the marginalized sections.